Proven ability in collaboration, organization, and management.
Center for Teaching Excellence
- Collaborated with group of 10 other managers on wide variety of projects, ranging from determining the overall direction and focus of the Center for a year, to redesigning and implementing the construction of a new Model Classroom for high-technology classes, to various celebrations and events. Involved project planning, budget management, marketing, and negotiation.
- Developed strong relationships with key individuals in other University departments to facilitate projects of both small and large scales.
- Worked with team of 10 writers, 2 desktop publishers, and multiple departments to create documentation and release notes.
- Conducted multiple in-depth interviews with subject matter experts, including recurring meetings with several varied groups.
- Co-facilitated 8-week long series of workshops for undergraduate students
- Facilitated event planning involving both club officers and members
- Coordinated organization of other events with other student clubs
back to top
Conferences & Events
- Teaching & Learning Day (coordinator, 2008) - day-long event of teaching and learning in celebration of the inauguration of new AU president Neil Kerwin; campus-wide participation
- New Faculty Orientation (coordinator, 2006-2007) - annual day-long orientation for 90 new AU full-time faculty members
- Ann Ferren Teaching Conference (assistant coordinator, 2005; co-coordinator, 2006) - annual day-long AU faculty conference with attendance of 250-300 faculty members
- Greenberg Seminars (coordinator, 2004-2006) - series of multiple day-long seminars for PhD students; attendance 50 students
- Podcasting Conference (coordinator, 2005) - day-long AU conference with attendance of 70 faculty members
- Author Dinner, INATS (coordinator and hostess, 2003)
Book Promotion Tours
- Planned, promoted, executed, and followed up on multiple author tours, ranging from modest to high-budget. Included tours ranging over several cities and multiple weeks. Responsible for all aspects of tour: airline tickets, car rental, hotel reservations, event bookings, securing interviews, maps, directions, and on-call support for touring authors.
- Promotion included creation of press kits, posters, etc.; materials sent to all local media at tour stops as well as participating booksellers.
back to top
- Managed $2 million annual budget, including negotiating, making projections, and planning for major upgrades.
- Served as Acting Director in Director's annual monthly absences; represented CTE on University committees.
- Directly managed staff of three, and indirectly managed staff of 45.
- Key player in technological and infrastructural upgrade of two facilities within one year.